If you have been injured in an auto accident in Illinois, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Whether you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian, or bicyclist, you have legal rights to protect you from the negligence of others.
At Crosby and Crosby LLP, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial impact that auto accident injuries can have on individuals and their families. That is why we are dedicated to helping our clients obtain the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Auto accidents can result in a variety of injuries, ranging from minor to severe. Some of the most common auto accident injuries include:
1.Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs when the head is jerked forward and then snapped back. This sudden movement can cause damage to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in the neck, leading to pain, stiffness, and reduced range of motion.
2.Broken Bones: Broken bones are a common auto accident injury, especially in high-speed collisions. Broken bones can be painful and can require surgery and a long recovery time.
3.Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis, loss of sensation, and other serious complications. These injuries can be life-changing and can require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
4.Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can result from a blow to the head, such as hitting the dashboard or steering wheel in an auto accident. These injuries can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage and can have long-term effects on cognitive function and overall health.
5.Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft tissue injuries include bruises, strains, and sprains to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments. These injuries can be painful and can require physical therapy and other forms of treatment.
Legal Rights for Auto Accident Injuries
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Illinois, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Illinois law allows injured parties to recover compensation for the following types of damages:
1. Medical Expenses: You can recover compensation for your medical expenses, including hospital bills, doctor’s fees, medication costs, and rehabilitation expenses.
2. Lost Wages: If you are unable to work as a result of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages. This can include past and future lost wages, as well as lost earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from working in the future.
3. Pain and Suffering: You may also be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, which includes physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
4. Property Damage: If your vehicle or other personal property was damaged in the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
5. Wrongful Death: If a loved one was killed in an auto accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your loss. This can include funeral expenses, medical bills, and loss of income and companionship.
Steps to Take After an Auto Accident
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Illinois, there are several steps you should take to protect your legal rights and obtain the auto accident injury settlement you deserve:
1. Seek Medical Attention: Your health and well-being should be your top priority. Seek medical attention immediately after the accident, even if you do not think you have been seriously injured.
2. Gather Information: Collect as much information as possible about the vehicle accident to support your accident claim. This will include the names and contact information of all parties involved, insurance information, and the names and contact information of any witnesses.
3. Contact a Car Accident Attorney: Contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights.
Rockford Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or someone you know has suffered from a personal injury or auto accident injury in Illinois, it is important to seek legal guidance as soon as possible.
At Crosby and Crosby LLP, our experienced attorneys are here to help you understand your legal rights and guide you through the process of obtaining the compensation you deserve.
Don’t wait to take action. You can contact us today online at CrosbyandCrosbylaw.com or call us at 815-367-6432 to schedule a free consultation. Let us help you protect your rights and get the justice you deserve.