Contact Crosby & Crosby for Expert Legal Assistance With Your Divorce
We also understand how emotionally difficult these situations can be, especially when property, other assets, and children are involved. This is why it’s important to hire a qualified Rockford divorce lawyer who can help you navigate the case.
When you work with Crosby & Crosby, you will find that our attorneys are compassionate and take the time to understand your situation thoroughly. They will always make decisions that are in everyone’s best interests, including yours and your family’s.
In Illinois, Irreconcilable Differences
In Illinois, a petition for the dissolution of a marriage or a petition for divorce requires no stated reason other than “irreconcilable differences.” The use of that term means the parties involved do not have to state a reason for the divorce – such as adultery or abuse – other than having differences that cannot be overcome, and the marriage has failed.
As practicing divorce attorneys in Rockford and surrounding communities, we know that it is never easy to decide on divorce, but not having to prove anything other than “irreconcilable differences” makes the process somewhat less difficult.
Issues Commonly Involved in a Divorce
While, of course, every divorce is different with its own particular set of circumstances, the following are issues that are likely to be involved.
This would include any property obtained by either party during the marriage, such as bank accounts, real estate, vehicles, investments, and businesses, among others.
These would include things such as joint credit cards, mortgages, student loan debt, car loans, and business debts.
This issue involves things such as primary custody, parenting time schedules, supervised visitation, and even grandparents’ rights.
Closely linked to Parental Rights, this area involves matters such as academic and medical decision-making and co-parenting.
Formerly known as alimony, Spousal Support or Spousal Maintenance may be temporary or long-term, and the duration and amount of support will vary from case to case.
Like Spousal Support, Child Support varies by case and is based on considerations such as the number of children, parental income, and health insurance for the child or children, among other factors.
These are based on the needs and activities of the child and include such things as school enrollment, extracurricular activities, and uncovered health expenses.
Millions of Americans get their health insurance through their employer or their spouse’s employer. An essential thing to remember is that you do not have the right to remove your spouse from their health coverage during the divorce proceedings.
These are among the many issues that come up during the course of divorce proceedings, and you can go here to find a more complete discussion of these matters.
When Emotions are Running High, We Can Help
Confronting these issues isn’t easy for anyone, and it can be difficult to make the best decisions when emotions are running high. Given the many issues involved in the typical divorce and the emotions that are likely to be swirling around these matters, it is extremely important to have the assistance of an experienced family law attorney to guide you through the divorce process.
Here are some of the ways an expert attorney can be of assistance.
1) Provide answers to your questions: Whatever the particular circumstances may be, every divorce is fraught with complications and questions. Based on their experience, your attorney can answer your questions and provide a realistic assessment of the possible outcomes of various issues, such as the division of property and child custody. They can also make sure that any decisions made during the proceedings are legal and binding.
2) Provide advice related to your children: When there are children, they stand at the center of the divorce proceedings, and a divorce attorney can assist you in determining what is truly best for their welfare.
3) Provide advice on property and asset distribution: They can assist in working out an equitable distribution of property and assets including your home, other real estate you may own, investments, insurance, bank accounts, and more.
4) Paperwork assistance: Every divorce is accompanied by a mountain of paperwork, and given your lack of legal training and experience, it is very easy to miss or overlook some vital information or document. An experienced divorce attorney can make sure that all necessary documents are completed as required by the courts.
5) Assistance in court: Many divorce settlements are reached out of court, but if you must go to court to resolve matters, your divorce attorney will be at your side, guiding you through every step of the proceedings.
6) Support during all negotiations. Both in and out of court, your lawyer can assist you in all negotiations, making sure your best interests are protected and served.
7) Emotional support: Most divorces are accompanied by a whirlwind of emotions, and it is very common to feel overwhelmed by them. Your attorney can listen, and while they may not have gone through a divorce in their own life, they can provide sound advice based on their knowledge of the law. In doing this, they can help you achieve the best possible outcome as you start the next chapter of your life.
When you work with the law firm of Crosby & Crosby, you will get all of this and more including
- Clear Communication
When you’re going through a divorce, the proceedings can become tedious and emotionally taxing. Our Rockford divorce attorneys advocate for you while managing all the complicated legal issues that arise, so you can focus on other important matters while our law office handles your case.
Contact Our Experienced Divorce Attorneys in Rockford, IL
Navigating the legalities of a divorce or other family law matters on your own is rarely in your best interest. This is a very difficult time in your life, and the laws surrounding divorce can be complex and challenging to understand without legal representation.
When you need attorneys with years of experience who offer compassionate, focused legal support, you can depend on Crosby & Crosby in Rockford, Illinois. We specialize in a wide range of family law matters, including divorce, paternity, child custody, and more.
We urge you to contact Crosby and Crosby today to schedule a free initial consultation and allow us to help protect your assets, your rights, and your future. We can answer questions regarding everything that might pertain to your case and assist you in planning a course of action going forward.