Experienced Legal Assistance for Those Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
At the law offices of Crosby & Crosby Law, we fully understand the lure of the open road and the desire of many of our fellow Illinoisans to ride motorcycles, enjoying the scenery and local attractions of our state and our neighboring state.
What Motorcycle Riders Should Do After An Accident
Unfortunately, as with any vehicle, there is always the chance of suffering an accident, and If you or a loved one is involved in any kind of motorcycle accident near Rockford, our motorcycle accident attorneys can help.
As highly experienced motorcycle accident attorneys, we strongly recommend that anyone injured in a motorcycle accident should do the following.
- Get medical help as soon as possible. After your initial care, be sure to get follow-up treatment from any specialists you may need to see if you’ve suffered a severe injury. Riders injured in a motorcycle crash often experience not just cuts, scrapes, and road rash, but broken bones and even more serious injuries.
- Keep complete records. Make sure you have a copy of the police accident report, pictures of the accident scene if possible, medical records and medical bills, repair bills, and any letters you may have received from insurance companies. It’s extremely important to keep track of the total amount of property damage to your vehicle, as well as the medical expenses incurred as a result of the accident. You should also keep records of any lost wages if you have to take time off from work to recover from your accident.
- Say as little as possible about the accident. This advice is especially important if you’re contacted by the other party’s insurance company. Unfortunately, anything you might say to their insurer may be used to minimize the injuries and damages you’ve suffered or perhaps even deny your claim for compensation. Let your attorneys do the talking for you.
- Contact a motorcycle accident attorney. The insurer of the other party involved in the accident may try to convince you that all issues can be resolved without legal representation, but you should ignore those assurances. Multiple studies have shown that accident victims represented by an attorney generally receive higher compensation than individuals who try to resolve their accident-related issues without legal representation.
Crosby & Crosby Law – Rockford Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motor vehicle accidents can be quite serious, and if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident in the Rockford area, we believe that hiring an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer is one of the most important things you can do.
Here’s why we say this; here are some of the ways the attorneys at our law firm can assist you in motorcycle accident cases
- Adequate compensation: You want to be adequately compensated for any damages and injuries you may have suffered. Of course, you can seek compensation on your own, but the task is much easier if you have an experienced lawyer at your side who is familiar with all the filing requirements and intricacies of the state’s legal system.
- Evidence collection: You need as much evidence as possible to back your claim for compensation. At Crosby & Crosby, we have the experience and knowledge to look for evidence to support your claim of negligence against the other party. We can work with you in gathering valuable evidence including, among other, eyewitness accounts, photos, and videos of the accident. This kind of evidence can be extremely important in substantiating your claim for compensation for the damages and injuries you’ve suffered.
- Representation in court: If an out-of-court settlement is not possible, and your case goes to court, the experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at Crosby & Crosby can organize and present the evidence needed to support your claim for compensation and prepare you for any testimony you may be required to give during the court proceedings.
We assist motorcycle accident victims throughout the state, and if you or a member of your family has been injured or suffered damages in a motorcycle accident, we urge you to reach out to Crosby & Crosby, the experienced Rockford motorcycle accident law firm.
Please don’t delay. Contact our office today to schedule your initial free consultation and case study, and let Crosby & Crosby’s personal injury lawyers provide you with the exceptional legal advice needed to secure the compensation you deserve.